We believe in providing the very best care to our patients
We believe in providing the very best care to our patients. Our state-of-the-art surgical tools are designed to create the safest surgical experience for your pet. We utilize complete surgical monitoring systems and the latest technology to maintain your pet’s vital parameters, including body temperature, blood pressure, and oxygenation during their procedure. A technician is assigned to each one of our surgical patients at all times to ensure their health and safety throughout their surgery and recovery.
Surgical Services from Martin Veterinary Hospital
Our veterinary team performs a variety of surgeries, including
- Growth removal
- Laceration repair
- Cystotomies including bladder stone removal
- Intestinal surgeries
- Spay and neuter,
If your pet’s health needs require referral to a specialist, we work closely with our board-certified surgeons in the area.
If you have questions about our surgical services or your pet’s upcoming surgery, please contact our team today. We’ll be happy to help.
What You Need To Know About Spay and Neuter Procedures
When your pet needs a spay or neuter procedure, there are some important facts about the procedure that every pet owner should know. Please see the items below for more details, and be sure to ask our team if you have any questions about what is required for your pet.
- Before your pet is anesthetized for surgery, we require a pre-surgical examination to be performed. We also recommend pre-anesthetic blood work to help us determine the pet’s health status. This allows us to develop a course of action for the anesthesia and anticipate any potential complications.
- During surgery, we utilize all safety measures for your pet, including IV fluid administration to keep the pet hydrated, as well as surgical monitoring of blood pressure, body temperature, pulse, heart rate, and more. A veterinary technician will be assigned to your pet’s care during the procedure to monitor them personally.
- Every tool and surface used is sterile.
- Pets will be cleaned up post-surgery with a little spa treatment to make them comfortable: brushing, eye and ear cleaning, and nail trim.
- All patients are administered post-operative pain and anti-inflammatory medications.
- Recovery occurs in a quiet area where a technician monitors patients. While your pet is recovering, you will receive a call from your doctor to discuss the surgery.
- When your pet is ready to go home, you will receive discharge papers with care instructions. If you have questions, our team is always available to talk with you about your pet’s needs.
If you have questions about our surgical services, your pet’s upcoming surgery, or your pet’s post-surgical care, please contact our team today. We’ll be happy to help.