Martin Veterinary Hospital, Your Animal Hospital Serving the Etobicoke Area Since 1954
COVID-19 Updates & Protocols
Updated Practice Procedures
Our practice is committed to ensuring the safety of our patients, clients and staff. In consultation with our medical teams, we have implemented the following procedures for clients wishing to accompany their pet(s) at appointments:
- In order to reduce the risk of staff members becoming ill or isolating, and thereby reducing our capacity to serve our patients and clients, we are continuing to offer curbside care only at this time.
- Upon arrival at the practice, please give us a call and we will come to meet you, collect your pet, or provide curbside pickup of medications and supplies.
For clients in special circumstances, such as a euthanasia service, please reach out so that we may do our best to accommodate your needs in advance of your appointment.
Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to seeing you!
**Due to COVID-19, Martin Veterinary Hospital will not be doing house calls.**
HOURS starting March 1 2021
Monday 8 am – 6 pm
Tuesday 8 am – 3 pm
Wednesday 8 am – 3 pm
Thursday 8 am – 6 pm
Friday 8 am – 3 pm
Saturday 8 am – 12 pm
The following are our operating procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic effective immediately and ongoing through the spring. We are doing our best to continue serving you and your pets!
- APPOINTMENT BOOKING: Please call (416) 239-7709 or email us at email@example.com to book an appointment. Unfortunately, at this time, we are not accepting walk-in appointments.
- EMERGENCIES: For emergencies, please call the Mississauga-Oakville Emergency Veterinary Hospital at (905) 829-9444 or the Veterinary Emergency Hospital of West Toronto at (416) 239-3453 or Veterinary Emergency Clinic South at (416) 920-2002.
- WEAR A MASK: Please wear a mask during drop off, pick up, and payment. If you do not have a mask, we are happy to provide you with one.
- CALL UPON ARRIVAL: Our front door is locked. Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment and from your car, call us at: (416) 239-7709. We will ask you some patient and COVID-19 related questions and will meet you at your vehicle to collect your pet.
- PET DROP OFF: Our team member will conduct a pet exchange outside the hospital. We require all canine pets to have a leash and collar. If you do not have one, we will provide one for you during your pet’s visit. We will use slip leashes in addition to your dog’s leash. We will sanitize leashes and collars prior to returning your pet to you. Cats will need to remain in their carriers. We will sanitize pet carriers prior to returning your pet to you. If you do not have a carrier, we will provide one.
- PET PICKUP: At the time of discharge, instructions will be emailed and/or given to you and discussed with a veterinarian or technician. A team member will bring your pet and medication to you once payment has been made.
- PAYMENT: For safety reasons, we are accepting electronic payment (credit or debit) at this time. We can either take payment over the phone or at our side door with our mobile machine.
Prepayment for foods and medications will be required. Please note that there is a 7-10 business day wait for your food/medication orders.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these trying times.
The Martin Veterinary Hospital P.C. team
Welcome to Martin Veterinary Hospital, where pets are our passion! We are committed to high-quality veterinary services provided by a caring, compassionate, and client-focused team. Our team is here for you and your pet for a lifetime of excellent care.
We Are AAHA Accredited
Martin Veterinary Hospital has been accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) since 1988. Making us the first AAHA accredited animal hospital in the Etobicoke area. Dr. Conway has been a member of Martin Veterinary Hospital since 1988. Martin Veterinary Hospital acquired their dental accreditation in 2010. AAHA is a non-profit organization that establishes the highest standards of care for veterinary hospitals throughout the U.S. and Canada.
We are also a gold feline friendly hospital, serving the cats of Etobicoke! We have been consistently providing first-rate veterinary care since our beginning.
Looking forward to getting to know you and your pet.