Updated Practice Procedures
Our practice is committed to ensuring the safety of our patients, clients and staff. Therefore, in consultation with our medical teams, we have implemented the following procedures for clients wishing to accompany their pet(s) at appointments:
To reduce the risk of staff members becoming ill or needing to isolate (thereby reducing our capacity to serve our patients and clients), we are continuing to offer curbside care only for now.
Upon arrival at the practice, please call us, and we will come to meet you, collect your pet, or provide curbside pickup of medications and supplies.
For clients in special circumstances, such as a euthanasia service, please reach out so that we may do our best to accommodate your needs in advance of your appointment.
We appreciate your understanding. We look forward to seeing you!
**Due to COVID-19, Martin Veterinary Hospital will not be doing house calls.**
Martin Veterinary Hospital Hours
Starting March 1, 2021
Monday 8 am – 6 pm
Tuesday 8 am – 3 pm
Wednesday 8 am – 3 pm
Thursday 8 am – 6 pm
Friday 8 am – 3 pm
Saturday 8 am – 12 pm
The following are our operating procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic, effective immediately and ongoing through the spring. We are doing our best to continue serving you and your pets!
- APPOINTMENT BOOKING: Please call (416) 239-7709 or email us at email@example.com to book an appointment. Unfortunately, at this time, we are not accepting walk-in appointments.
- EMERGENCIES: For emergencies, please call the Mississauga-Oakville Emergency Veterinary Hospital at (905) 829-9444 or the Veterinary Emergency Hospital of West Toronto at (416) 239-3453 or Veterinary Emergency Clinic South at (416) 920-2002.
- WEAR A MASK: Please wear a mask during drop off, pick up, and payment. If you do not have a mask, we are happy to provide you with one.
- CALL UPON ARRIVAL: Our front door is locked. Please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment and from your car; call us at: (416) 239-7709. We will ask you some patient and COVID-19-related questions then we will meet you at your vehicle to collect your pet.
- PET DROP OFF: Our team member will conduct a pet exchange outside the hospital. We require all canine pets to have a leash and collar. If you do not have one, we will provide one for you during your pet’s visit. We use slip leashes in addition to your dog’s leash. We sanitize leashes and collars before returning your pet to you. Cats must remain in their carriers. We sanitize pet carriers before returning your pet to you. If you do not have a carrier, we will provide one.
- PET PICKUP: At the time of discharge, instructions will be emailed and/or given to you and discussed with a veterinarian or technician. A team member will bring your pet and medication to you once payment has been made.
- PAYMENT: We only accept electronic payments (credit or debit) for safety reasons. We can take payment over the phone or at our side door with our mobile machine.
Prepayment for foods and medications will be required. Please note that there is a 7-10 business day wait for your food/medication orders.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these trying times.
The Martin Veterinary Hospital P.C. team